Ascent Pick, AI Software for Robotic Picking
Ascent Pick is a software-based system for robotic picking in manufacturing and logistics. The solution uses inexpensive cameras and has an intuitive and easy-to-use web-based UI. This increases production line productivity while reducing both hardware and integration costs. The solution uses a superior recognition engine that incorporates machine learning to handle complex workpiece geometries. The Ascent Pick solution can be applied to a wide variety of robots.
- Unstable workpiece recognition/grasping due to low sensitivity and external disturbances
- Workpiece/hand/box interference preventing grasping
- Long recognition time and tact time
- Difficult to prepare data for AI training
- Expensive (high-resolution/high-specification) cameras and edge devices are required
- Difficult and time-consuming setup and maintenance
Solution by Ascent Pick
- Resistant to disturbances such as brightness change, and can also work with various materials and wide variety of workpiece shapes
- Can consider potential interference between multiple workpieces, the workpieces and gripper, as well as the workpieces and the environment such as container walls.
- Machine learning based recognition engine significantly reduces scene recognition time
- No real data or human labeling required for AI training
- Works with inexpensive cameras
- Easy to deploy without complex configuration and adjustment